Monday, August 3, 2009

At a Loss

You ever been at a loss before in a situation? Where you could not see the right way out and then nobody gave you any help, only complained or nagged or gave their opinion on what you had done wrong so far? I have been there, I am sure you have too. Well I hope that we can hold true to the promise of Scripture that He is our refuge and strength, a very present help in time of trouble, a cleft in the rock, a shelter in the time of storm, He will carry our burdens His yoke is easy and His burden light. The point is, allow your faith to grow & to trust Him in the situation, and He will see you out of it. Good parenting requires good advice, God has the best, so take it from Him.

3 comments:

  1. My problem is popping off and trying to handle the situation at the time of occurence instead of pausing to rest with the Lord on the situation. He reveals the layers and shows me that I was only scratching the surface. I have difficulty waiting on the Lord. I am a basket of impatience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I'm 21 days late reading this :-), but I like it. For some reason I've had "A mighty fortress is our God" stuck in my head...it's an old hymn, you probably don't know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do know it, sang it every week in college for 2 years on tour. I believe the original version has the word "bulwark" in it.

    ReplyDelete