Tuesday, May 26, 2009

No Offense BUT...

OK, so why do I bother doing blogging and newsletters and emails and lesson after bloomin lesson if nobody is going to respond read keep or care? I do the music every week and all I hear is: "when we gonna get more hymns?" I do a presentation and I hear, "why didn't you do such and such?" I beleive the problem with this line of thinking is that we have fallen desperately in love with us and our way of doing. I would love for people to come into worship on Sunday morning and not be so cynical, critical, and overrly analytical! We need to come before GOD on Sunday mornings prepared to be inhabited by the Holy Spirit! We expect for things to be done well and correct, but church is not supposed to the end game nor the climax of our worship, it should be where we shelter ourselves from a week spent in His Word on our knees before His throne, with hoarse throats from proclaiming His message. We should have to drag ourselves into the sanctuary with a weary grin on our faces not because we have submitted to the world all week and now need a dose of make me feel good about myself, but instead we should drag ourselves totthe altar of grace praising God that we were able to lay it all on the line this week for Him, that we spent so much energy trying to be consumed by His Spirit during the week that all we have left on Sunday is a total prostrate surrender before the Lord of Lords and King of Kings! This is His servant; so be it!

5 comments:

  1. I am in total agreement with what was said in your blog. I have been able to worship in all kinds of situations, with all kinds of music. I think it boils down to our own personal relationship with the Lord. Rather than looking at the music that is being played or sung, we need to look at how much time we are personally devoting to knowing our King.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you were told to build a boat because it was going to rain alot, and no_one responded to get in the boat, would you do it anyway?

    I guess it would depend who told you right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting form of encouragement, but still well said Cody. I guess it couldn't just be anybody telling me, there may be more depth in that part of your statement than in the first part. I should consider the source of strife.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope I'm not the source of strife :-)

    - You know I think you're doing a great job!...but more hymns next week *grin*

    ReplyDelete